Why choose this course?
We cover globally recognised management and leadership theories, tools and techniques and adapt them to your needs, putting each one into practice. You get to network and learn with others in the development sector, exercise new knowledge and skills on topics including influence, motivation and power analysis. Finally, you leave the training course with a clear plan of how to apply what you have learnt, directly to your work.
Whether you are new or experienced manager, this course is for you if you either manage or lead a team, projects, programme, functional area or relate to varied stakeholders
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case examples you will learn how to:
- leverage your natural ability to lead and prioritise demands
- understand your learning and leadership preferences and how to adapt them to others’ needs
- analyse your network and prepare for those new conversations that will make a difference
- give and receive feedback
- reflect on your own leadership style and presence.
|Setting yourself up for success||• the differences between leading and managing|
• identify and prioritise demands – what is realistic?
• identify leadership styles
|Understanding the power of your relationships and the nature of your motivation||• stakeholder and network mapping|
• examine motivation
• understand what motivates you and your network
|Developing individual and team performance||• linking motivation to skill|
• holding conversations that matter
• the art of feedback
|What makes teams effective||• understanding the nature of teams|
• characteristics of effective teams and team leaders
|Leading into the future||• examining power relations|
• exploring leadership presence
Learn in a way that suits your situation.
Find out more about our delivery methods: