Why choose this course?
Do you need help with your MEAL plan? To refresh your knowledge, learn techniques and approaches, or develop a Log Frame? We will help you and your organisation to become more effective, by enhancing MEAL practices. Find out how you can advocate for an effective MEAL system so your organization can become more responsive, strategic, and effective by using information and knowledge for evidence-based decision making.
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case examples you will learn how to:
• clarify key results with results, and logical frameworks
• combine qualitative and quantitative approaches to gather and interpret data
• develop and work with a practical M&E system
|MEAL fundamentals.||• MEAL fundamentals|
• results approaches: outputs, outcomes and impact
• relate M&E to your programme and project cycle
• identify stakeholders and their differing needs and roles.
|Results framework||• work with and beyond Log Frames.|
|Theory of Change||• develop different types of logic models|
• approaches to Theory of Change
|Log Frames and Results Frameworks||• develop indicators at different results levels|
• define your assumptions and risks
• identify means of verification
|Gathering data and information||• quantitative and qualitative approaches and instruments|
• data organisation, quality assurance and analysis
• design baseline, evaluation and impact studies
• participatory data collection methodologies
• digital and remote MEAL
|Reviews and Evaluations||• how to use reviews for agile decision making|
• using baseline data
• evaluation types and methods
• developing a ToR
|MEAL systems and plans||• prepare a tailored MEAL plan|
• the complete MEAL system
|The learning organisation||• use M&E information and evidence for decision-making|
• identify ways to foster a learning culture
• become M&E change agents and champions
Learn in a way that suits your situation.
Find out more about our delivery methods:
This course has a 5-day and ten day option for face to face training.
The online course has six 90 minute webinars.