Why choose this course?
Do you need help with Monitoring? To help your organisation learn quickly and remain agile? Join our experienced facilitators, and together with a peer group you will apply real time monitoring systems to your own projects, with one-to-one sessions with your facilitators to help develop your systems. We introduce open exploration using cognitive mapping, use of comparative monitoring in real-time (RTM) at all levels of the results chain, internal reviews for qualitative learning, ongoing, formative evaluation and design and control of systems at lower levels with reflection and guidance from upper levels.
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case examples you will learn how to:
• useful, practical, real time monitoring methods for the whole results chain
• development of your own monitoring systems, refined during one-to-one session with your facilitators
• a plan to help you and your organisation quickly learn and adapt
|Key concepts and the Action Learning Model||• recap on key concepts for M&E and an introduction to the Action Learning Model|
|Understanding context||• qualitative Field Interview techniques, the Sustainable Livelihoods Framework and learning about context using Cognitive Mapping and Structural Analysis|
|Introduction to RTM||• real-time monitoring in practice|
|ATOM Development||• activity to Output Monitoring|
• breaking down outputs and learning to set progress to time using spreadsheet developments
|Outcomes and Impact with Weighted Indexes||• developing systems for monitoring higher level results using Weighted Indexes (WEDEX)|
|Calibrated Judgement Scales||• development and use of Assessment Sheets, Precision Tests|
• survey scoring, recording and analysis
• calibrated Judgement Scales (CAJUS) with case studies
|Theory of Change Overview||• develop a logical, reflective model of change so that detected failures can be dealt with in an iterative way|
|Learning and Communicating||• use and communication of analytical reporting.|
• learning exercises for review
• encourage a learning culture
Learn in a way that suits your situation.
Find out more about our delivery methods: