Why choose this course?
This Remote Participatory Video online course is a 3-week programme specifically designed for key personnel in NGOs, government, UN agencies and private sector organisations.
Participants will experience and learn how to facilitate a remote participatory video process. The online training will be very practical; each week will follow a cycle of learning by doing, feedback and reflection. By the end of the training, participants will have completed a participatory film that is ready to be shared for an online screening event.
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case examples you will learn how to:
• develop a culture that harnesses the know-how and experience of your people
• make knowledge accessible to everyone who needs it, by building Knowledge Sharing into everyday operations
• use Knowledge Management to achieve and support your strategic objectives
|Introduction||• review of the working context |
• motivations and introduction to remote participatory video
• people centred approaches
|Story selection||• developing a story|
• selection of a joint topic and the first stage of script development
• techniques, kick off practicals and research
|Story development||• review of practicals and research|
• finalising script development
• practicals in interview techniques
• assignments for shooting videos
|Review||• reviewing the first footage|
• joint editing and dialogue
• assignments for additional shooting and recoding
|Finalisation||• review of the first draft film and planning for final screening|
• how and when to apply in the work situation
• evaluation of the PV process
Learn in a way that suits your situation.
Find out more about our delivery methods: