Why choose this course
Innovative teaching-learning methodologies are used to explore different dynamics and through group work you understand the key concepts of Theory of Change in Practice. We critically reflect on our assumptions and their effect on influencing change. Applying participatory and other development methodologies you see your project through a Theory of Change lens.
Join our experienced facilitators, and together with a peer group, using a mix of interactive facilitation and innovative teaching-learning methodologies, you will learn about Theory of Change using a mix of participatory, practical activities, theory and case studies, and by sharing your knowledge and experiences.
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case examples you will learn how to:
• critically reflect on your assumptions, group dynamics, and their effect on influencing change
• understand how Theory of Change underpins Strategic Planning
• apply participatory methodologies to foster ownership and representation through the planning process
|Overview of Theory of Change and Strategic Planning||• definitions and key concepts – 4 Dimensions of Theory of Change|
• relationship with MEAL: complementarities and innovations
• desired change: understanding how change happens
• conditions of change
• ecosystem analysis
|Developing a Theory of Change||• assess our work: attribution or contribution to change?|
• meta-skills and self-development in the ToC process
• explore pathways of change: alternative ways to contribute to change
• the power of assumptions: how does our thinking affect our actions?
|Complexity, power and learning for social change||• stakeholder engagement: understanding complexity and power dynamics|
• develop pathways of change: alternative ways to contribute to change
• indicators of change: how we know we are contributing to change.
|Strategic Planning for Adaptive Strategies||• scenario building to improving contribution strategies|
• 6 steps for future planning
• reflect on our assessment practices
|Returning to work and integrating learning into practice||• revisit our M&E system from a different perspective|
• meta-skills for facilitating Theory of Change processes
• learning synthesis and steps forward
Learn in a way that suits your situation.
Find out more about our delivery methods: